World Cup 2018 Update – October 2017 Odds and Predictions

World Cup 2018 predictions are live for every team still eligible to qualify! We will update this page throughout the qualifying process as teams are eliminated, quality, and everything in between. We will look at each confederation, categorize every single team, and keep a running “FINAL 32” of projected finalists. Let’s go.

You can get all of the spreadsheets and run odds for yourself on our Downloads page!

World Cup 2018 Predictions last updated: October 4, 2017



Iran and Korea Republic have qualified from Group A. Japan and Saudi Arabia have qualified from Group B.

Australia will take on Syria in the AFC playoffs. We give Australia a 56.74% chance of advancing, with Syria a 43.26% chance.


Tunisia appears to have seized the lead in Group A. We like them to top the group.

Nigeria has seized control of Group B. We have nobody higher than Nigeria’s 94% of reaching the World Cup.

Ivory Coast and Morocco are both very strong teams in Group C. While the Ivorians are the favorites, it’s gonna be fun.

The voiding of South Africa’s win over Senegal blows this group wide open and thrusts Senegal back to the top of the list. Tough break for Burkina Faso, but there are a lot of matches to be played.

After an impressive showing, it’s Egypt’s to lose at this point. But Uganda is putting up a good fight.


Mexico has qualified. Costa Rica is all but in at this point. USA, Panama, and Trinidad and Tobago are going to be battling for the final spot as well as a spot in the playoffs. We give USA a slight edge at this point, but it’s wide open.


It’s been a roller coaster in CONMEBOL. Brazil are in.

Uruguay is almost certainly in and Colombia is not far behind them. Argentina has dropped substantially and has about a 1 in 5 chance of not even making the playoffs. Peru has leapfrogged Chile, and we now project them to reach the playoffs against New Zealand.


New Zealand is through and awaits their opponent.



Group A has gotten much tighter, but we still give France an 81.2% chance to win it. Sweden still may have some play.

Despite being behind, and projecting fewer points, we give Portugal the edge to win the group due to their superior goal differential.

Germany is practically in. Northern Ireland can do no worse.

This group is Serbia’s to lose at this point, but Ireland and Wales are certainly in the mix for the playoffs.  We favor Wales.

Poland getting destroyed by Denmark did not help, but they’re still in the driver’s seat. 87.0% chance to win the group. Denmark at Montenegro is a massive game.

England also is in cruise control. Slovakia looks a heavy favorite to finish 2nd.

It may take until the final matchday, but Spain will win Group G.

Belgium has qualified. Greece and Bosnia will be a great battle for 2nd, but there’s no guarantee one of these teams will make the playoffs.

The closest group top to bottom. Turkey, Croatia, Ukraine, and Iceland are all good teams. Croatia currently has the edge, but this group is totally there for the taking.


It’s time for our final 32, including hosts Russia (1)

AFC: Iran (2) and Korea Republic (3) are in from group A. Japan (4) and Saudi Arabia (5) are in from Group B.

CAF: Our projected group winners at the moment are Tunisia (6), Nigeria (7), Ivory Coast (8), Senegal (9), and Egypt (10).

CONCACAF: The 3 teams we like to move on directly from the Hex are Mexico (11)Costa Rica (12), and USA (13)

CONMEBOL: Brazil (14) has already punched their ticket. Also qualifying directly are Uruguay (15), Colombia (16), and Argentina (17)

UEFA: Projected group winners are France (18), Portugal (19), Germany (20), Serbia (21), Poland (22), England (23), Spain (24), Belgium (25), and Croatia (26).

UEFA Playoffs: Teams we like to get through via the playoffs are Switzerland (27), Italy (28), Sweden (29), and Slovakia (30). These are very, very close!

Inter-Continental Playoffs: Our last two teams we like to get in via the playoffs are Panama (31) and Peru (32).


Agree or disagree? Feel free to comment below! Thanks for reading, and be sure to follow us on Twitter @We_Global.